Monday, June 05, 2006

Fad No# 1: BLOGGING.

So in my meandering journey down possibly the wrong road in life, I have at last come across the world of blogging... and I have to say, I am already in danger of having a major tanty and throwing it all in before I even get going, which is my modus operandi for many new and wonderful ideas. But I am taking deep breaths and harnessing the power of positive thinking, determined to get my boyfriend to work it all out for me tomorrow! I want to upload pictures! I want visuals! I want instant gratification! (Curse of my generation, eh?!)
But remember, the pen is mightier than the sword, or in my case, the keyboard is mightier than the swearword - I shall persevere.
So why am I doing this?
Damn, existential query so early on...
Well, I thought it might be fun/interesting/tragic to chronicle the myriad of one-minute wonders I leap into, full of faith that THIS time it will be the key to my sense of purpose and meaning! This year alone I have wanted to be a yoga teacher, tattooist, at-home mum and now primary school teacher. A yoga-related knee-injury scared me away from yoga teaching, the idea of making a big hairy biker bleed from a tattoo that says "Live to Ride, Ride to Livv" gave me second thoughts about that one (Whoops! Sorry Big Bazza! There was no spellcheck on this needle!), and the whole mum thing is a bit soon for me and the boy to be getting into. (Besides, I have to decide what to be when I grow up before I grow up other little people). So the current answer to life, the universe and everything is to do a Graduate Diploma of Education and fill the minds of malleable children with knowledge and inspiration. Let's see how long it lasts.....

2 comments:

Penni Russon said...

Just have a baby would you?
But seriously now...have a baby.
Millions of people do it every day to fill that big empty hole of meaninglessness in their lives - can millions of people be wrong? Come on. I'll knit it a cute hat.
In the box where you create a post there should be a little box you can click to let you insert a picture from your files - when you hover your mouse over it it will say something like 'insert picture'.

Penni Russon said...

No no listen to MEEEEE.

Babies.

Lots of babies.

In lots of cute hats.

It's the fad that keeps on giving.