Tuesday, February 13, 2007

S is for Self-Absorbed!

Following Penni's lead, (and at my request!), here is my list of 10 things beginning with S that I like:
1:Stella. She is my little alter-ego, my co-traveller, my voice to the world. And segueing nicely on from her, are 2:small-scale versions of bigger things. Really, Stella allows me to indulge my love of miniatures whilst kinda calling it my arrrrrrt! (Self-promotion is also apparently a favourite of mine!)
3:sushi - the food of gods. I have been heard many a time expressing the wish to live only on sushi. Which I imagine might actually get a bit boring.
4:shagging...well, admit it, who doesn't?
5:slow-food - like lamb shanks and chicken tagine and winter soups. So here already the sushi theory falls flat on its head.
6: stretching - most specifically the yogic type.
7: and in a similar vein, swimming. Nothing beats the peace and solitude of ploughing up and down the pool through dappled blue light, counting laps, counting breaths, clearing the mind.
8: Speaking other languages. I know some German and Spanish, but will just as happily read aloud for my own aural pleasure the French instructions for a hairdryer or Dutch applecake ingredients.
9:Singing. In the shower. In the car. Alone at home. The toilet of my old sharehouse had great acoustics. Karaoke, under the right conditions.
10:Sandals. Actually, not all sandals. One particular pair - the leather ones Penni brought me from Greece years ago. They have become THE shoe for this summer. I only wish she had bought me three or four pairs at once. I LOVE THEM.

No comments: