Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Button me up!

Today is a day for doing STUFF!
I am flat-chat creating badge images. My lovely little badge-maker is really going to come into its own soon, with Stella badges to go with a new batch of Stella cards, and a few other sets of badges in a very different style for sale on etsy.com and hopefully some local Melbourne sub-culture stores. Although, I have come to the sad realisation that 100 badge parts doesn't go far when you use a few experimenting and stuffing them up. I need to order the big guns, so I can start to really crank them out...and hopefully sell the little sods!

4 comments:

Penni Russon said...

Do we get to see photographic evidence of your industriousness?

I want to.

Zedd said...

YOU can get a special sneak preview next time we meet... my adoring public however, will have to wait for the etsy gear to come on board!

Lara said...

Hey there! That's awesome that you're getting right into the badge making thing - can't wait to see your etsy shop up n running! Know what you mean re supplies - I never buy enough of what I need out of lack of conviction that i'll need it ;)

Hey thanks for the great comment on my blog - very inspiring. What have u been doing in the rag-trade? And what will you be doing now that you've left??

Zedd said...

Have been a graphic artist for sleepwear, but feel a bit sullied after 3 years of having to do cheap knock-offs of other people's graphics for low-quality clothing. And sleepwear...I mean, really who needs it? An old pair of trackies will really do the job! So am now going back to Uni to do a grad dip in primary education. I think teaching will give me a greater sense of doing something valuable with my time. With whatever of my own art ideas I can find time for! I tried to be a freelance illustrator for a while, and the old lack of conviction in my abilities led to getting this current (for 4 more hours anyway!) job in order to pay the rent that my freelance wasn't covering! So, a nutshell!