Monday, February 26, 2007

First day at Big-School!

I am a student again!!!!
Except, the lecturers keep telling us to start thinking of ourselves as teachers. So, I am a student-teacher! Eep!
Okay, I know it was only the first day, so there's not yet any pressure of assignments and teaching rounds (and trust me, I shall be shitting my proverbial pants when the time comes!), but I had a great day! It rocked! The bike ride along the Darebin Creek trail, the meeting of friendly new people, the sitting in lectures and trying to extract the most succint and pertinant elements to scratch down in my now appalling handwriting (typing has improved vastly at the expense of my penmanship, I fear!)... the not being at work anymore! Yes, I've moaned on about that job for long enough, and being free from it really IS as good as I thought it would be! Even the impending poverty isn't too daunting just yet... (yeah, yeah, give it time!)
And just a thought from the nerdy-spock mature-age student... if you're going to be 45 minutes late for a 1 hour lecture, do you really think it's worth stumbling in? And can people PLEASE TURN OFF their freakin' phones?!!!

No comments: